MED-EL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. MED-EL only asks for specific types of personal information. We may ask you to provide information that will enable us to process your purchase or provide services to you, enhance your site visit, manage your job application, respond to requests for information, support our customer relationship, assist you with technical support issues or to follow up with you after your visit.
At any time you may contact MED-EL with any privacy questions or concerns you may have. You also may ask at any time to see the personal data you have given us and request correction or deletion. We strive to protect the security of your personal data by use of appropriate measures and processes.
MED-EL may change this policy at any given time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 19.03.2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys
- For job applications – in addition to name and contact data – any provided personal data, education and training, skills and qualifications, previous employer and attached documents such as CV, certificates etc.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. If you do not wish to receive any emails from MED-EL any longer please contact us
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Applicant management: Data provided for job applications are used exclusively for the purpose of applicant selection. No advertising materials will be sent. Access is limited to persons responsible for managing job applications.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is completely secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. The data will then be removed and deleted from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over external websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Managing your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if your consent is given.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to marketing[at]medel.com or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.