Next stop—more great free MED-EL rehabilitation resources! This month’s themed rehabilitation lesson kit is all about riding on the bus, so let’s get rolling.
New to our themed lesson kits? If you’re an audiologist, speech & language therapist, rehabilitation specialist, or any other professional that works with children with hearing loss, these rehabilitation resources are made for you.
We created this series of themed lesson kits to support rehabilitation sessions with young children. Every month, we’ll be sharing a new themed lesson kit and they’ll always be free to use and share.
Each lesson kit is themed (home, animals, transport, etc.) and has multiple activities that can be used over several sessions with each child. Every kit is filled with illustrations to print out—including language-neutral illustrations. And every lesson kit has three levels, so that you can tailor it to the abilities of each child.
Get your free full lesson kit download at the bottom of this post—and don’t forget to subscribe!
Lesson Kit Outline
Lesson kit #4 is themed “Buses” and focuses on the people and places you’ll see on a bus journey. In this lesson kit, there are puzzle challenges, an interactive sing-along song, and a themed board game to build listening, language, and cognition skills.
This comprehensive lesson kit is designed to be printed and reused. This kit has lesson plans with detailed therapist notes and a range of activities for each of the three levels. There’s print resources and step-by-step guidance for each activity. We’ve also included useful strategies in each lesson to help achieve the listening and language goals.
- Step-by-step guides
- 4 “Bus Journey” themed activities
- 25+ pages of high-quality illustrations
- Language-neutral illustrations
- Detailed therapy notes
- Lesson plans for each level
- Listening goals
- Spoken language goals
- Cognition and theory of the mind goals
- Key therapy strategies
Each lesson kit has three levels to cover a wide range of listening, spoken language, and cognition abilities.
- Level 1
- The child is learning to listen and attend to 1 unit of information. Spoken language is presented to the child in simple short sentences and acoustic highlighting techniques are utilized to enable the child to attend to new information.
- The child is using single words, has a vocabulary of up to 200 words, and may be starting to combine words into 2 word combinations.
- Level 2
- The child is learning to listen and attend to 2 units of information. Spoken language is presented in longer sentences and acoustic highlighting techniques are utilized to encourage the child to attend to all the information in the sentence.
- The child is producing 2 to 3 word combinations, has a vocabulary of 200 to 2000 words, and is beginning to use some grammatical markers.
- Level 3
- The child is a proficient listener, learning to attend to 3 units of information. Spoken language is presented in a variety of complex sentences and acoustic highlighting techniques are utilized to encourage the child to attend to grammatical elements in the sentence.
- The child is producing 3 to 5 word sentences and questions, has a vocabulary of more than 2000 words, and is using a variety of grammatical markers.
Share and Download
All of the lesson kits will be available free of charge—we’re here to support your work and the success of every recipient. They can be printed, emailed, shared with colleagues, and even given to parents as supplemental at-home rehabilitation resources between sessions.
We’ll post a new lesson kit for download every month here on our Professionals Blog. There’s no deadline for downloading these rehabilitation resources, so you can easily find and share previous lesson kits. Lesson Kit #1 Lesson Kit #2 Lesson Kit #3
Don’t miss any of our rehabilitation articles—subscribe now and you’ll get all of our latest posts sent right to your inbox.
Not all products, features, or indications shown are approved in all countries. Please contact your local MED-EL representative for more information.
What do you think of our rehabilitation lesson kits? Leave a comment below!
And of course, we’re sure your colleagues would love these lesson kits—help them out and share today!
*We’d like these kits to help as many people as possible, so the Themed Lesson Kits may be shared openly for fair usage. However, MED-EL retains full rights to the material, so the content may not be altered, rebranded, or repurposed for commercial use.
**Not all products, features, or indications for age shown are available in all areas. Please contact your local MED-EL representative for more information.